BASIC MANNERS CLASS
For any dog 6 months and older.
This is a 6 week on-leash class intended for quiet, people-friendly and dog-friendly dogs to learn basic manners. Includes an Orientation, without dogs, one week prior to class. Informative resource material and weekly Homework instructions.
Ideal for young energetic friendly adolescent dogs that are:
- Not paying attention to the owner
- Not responding to commands
- No recall
- Pulling on the leash
- Mouthing but have never injured a human or another dog from a bite.
This on-leash class teaches:
- Controlling the dog’s energy and enthusiasm
- How to address undesired behaviours
- Capturing the dog’s attention,
- How to increase the reliability of responses to commands (Sit, Down, Stand)
- Reliable Stays and commands around Distraction, adding in Duration then Distance (3 D's)
- Walking with a loose leash
- Leave it, Take it, Drop it
- Emergency Recall
Off-leash and handling exercises may be incorporated if your dog’s behavior and demeanor is friendly towards people and dogs.
Barking dogs that are too disruptive and cannot learn “Woof” and “Shush” in class, may require and individual behavior consultation.
Proof of a current vaccination protocol or tither testing is required. (Click to read: Dr Dodds Vaccination Protocol for Dogs)
Graduates of Basic Manners may register for the Intermediate Outdoor Class and may join the Loose Leash Walking Group.
BASIC MANNERS 6 WEEK CLASS is $199.50:
Registration will open on Sept 19th for:
Tuesday Nov 5- Dec 10 from 7:00 - 8:30 pm - *FULL*
Orientation (without dogs) - Thursday October 17th at 7pm at Canine Campus
Discount rate of $70/hour for people that are in a class and want to either catch up with a missed class and/or apply classroom instruction to their home environment. Does not include a summary of the training session.
Go to BOOK NOW to register.
Your spot is confirmed on a first come first serve basis after payment.
Print your Registration/Waiver and bring it to Orientation.
Email if you'd like to be added to the wait list and attend Orientation.