GROUP LEASH WALKS - Outdoor Drop in
For dogs that have completed Basic Manners Class.
This outdoor class provides an opportunity to practice what you’ve learned in class and to problem solve in a social group to achieve a relaxed and stress free relationship with your dog while walking on a loose leash. (Click and scroll down to read How to Help A Leash-Reactive Dog)
Everyone should have a good leash relationship with their dog. Teaching your dog good leash manners takes time and repetition. But a leash walk for your dog is often not enough exercise or stimulation and can be very unnatural or boring for your dog. If you don’t provide a proper balance then your dog may start to show some very undesirable behaviours. These behaviours often condemn your dog to the leash and can encourage the behaviour to continue or worsen.
Ideal for dogs that are:
- pulling on the leash
- rudely approaching other dogs
- jumping on others
- snapping at the heels of joggers or cyclists
- lunging, barking or appearing reactive.
We discuss topics and practice techniques such as:
- What is a walk?
- What level and type of activity works for your dog?
- How to reinforce polite behaviours
- The 3 different walk commands - Heel, Let’s Go, Go Sniff.
- How to stop encouraging pulling
- Basic Manners and/or Intermediate Class greetings
This is a drop in class held on Saturday mornings that are approximately 1+ hrs. Registration and confirmation is required because locations change and is depending on weather.
- 2-3 different types of food rewards ranging from low value to high value or a toy, if your dog values toy rewards.
- your long line for long distance recall.
- wear sensible walking shoes,
- bring water,
- bug spray,
- poo bags.
- 6 foot leash, no flexi leads.
- payment for each walk
- waiver for your first walk
Please make sure your dog's city licence has been renewed.
$60 for your first 3 walks (or $20 each). $30 for your next 3 walks (or $10 each). Free to join walks after that.
Dates: Saturday Jan 9th and .
Time: 9:00 to 10:00 am
Location: Rose Wood Park parking lot at Westlake Road across from Starlight Cres.
Book your spot, print and complete the waiver and bring it with your cash payment to your walk. You can etransfer $60 for all 3 walks to with the password - dogtraining
I will confirm walk Friday morning prior to the Saturday walk. Please watch your email for confirmation.